It’s the year 2021, and we’re all trapped at home, which means it’s time to highlight some of the best Pokemon GBA ROM hacks you can play!
We’ve also included a few small highlights that we thought were worth mentioning. If one of these games appeals to you, you will find more information and even download links on this blog.
So, trainers, these are the top 5 Pokemon Gba rom hacks you MUST Play! (not in order)
1. Pokemon Mega Power
- Creator: 1158
- Version: Completed (5.59)
Neil/Tyra, the brilliant scientist who went on to become a professor. He or she has a fantasy. He/she wants to create the strongest Pokemon by himself/herself, so he/she conducted numerous experiments. However, he or she lacks sufficient funds. At this point, a businessman named Kasper informs the young professor that he would like to contribute to the project, but that the Professor must share the project’s success with him. He/she accepted Kasper’s contribution without hesitation in order to achieve his/her goal. As the young genius learns that Kasper is the leader of a secret team known as “Team Delta,” he/she begins to wonder if he/she should keep up. Why does Kasper require the project? What is he going to do? The young professor must make a decision: should he continue?
- New regions- Ivara, Lande, Sevii Islands
- All mega evolutions
- Some gen 4, 5, 6 and 7 Pokemon
- Some new tiles
- & A lot More
2. Pokemon Gaia
- Creator: Spherical Ice
- Version: Beta v3.2
A prosperous civilization once inhabited the legendary Orbtus region. They erected a number of memorials to their gods and guardians. A series of devastating earthquakes hastened their demise; all that remains of their society are temples, idols, and stories as relics of the past.
Professor Redwood, a local archaeologist and Pokémon Professor, has recently noticed an increase in seismic activity in the region. Concerned for Orbtus’ safety, he seeks the help of new Pokemon Trainers with a sense of adventure in rural Celanto Town, a seaside town near the mysterious Totem Poles, and your home! Will you be able to stop the earth from consuming the region once more, with the help of the Professor and your rival?
- Pokemon from Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Unova and Kalos
- Updated move sets, accurate to OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire
- Modern competitive items- Choice Specs, Assault Vest, Ability Pill, etc.
- Modern abilities- Mega Launcher, Sheer Force, etc.
- Physical/Special split
- In-battle Mega Evolution
- Fairy-type and the new type chart
- Updated Pokemon sprites
- Updated Trainer sprites
- Original songs
- Rock Climb-able walls
- Dive and underwater maps
- Hidden Grottoes and Secret Temples
- The Bug-Catching Contest
- The Battle Marsh
- B2/W2 Repel system
- Reusable TMs
- EXP capture system
3. Pokemon Adventures Red Chapter
- Creator: Aethestode
- Version: Beta 15 + Expansion Pack Fix C
This hack tries to closely follow the Pokemon Adventures manga, including nearly every event. Some events were changed to make them longer. In 2013, 2014, and 2015, the game finished third in the PokeCommunity Hack of the Year competition.
- Updated graphics
- Red, Green, Blue and Yellow playable
- Character customization
- Day and night system
- Multiple regions
- New battle backgrounds
- New music
- Level cap raised to 255
- Physical/Special split
- Reusable TMs
- EV & IV stat checker
- Mega Evolution
- Fusion Pokemon
4. Pokemon Ash Gray
- Creator: metapod23
- Version: v4.5.3
You’re Ash Ketchum, and you’re about to embark on your first Pokémon adventure. Regrettably, you stayed up all night watching Pokémon battles and slept in! With all of your Pallet Town rivals (the most annoying being Gary) having taken all of the available starters, it looks like you’ll just have to go home… unless you want Pikachu instead.
You are about to embark on a 116-event adventure (plus two movie events) that will put you in Ash’s shoes, allowing you to catch the Pokémon he catches and make the decisions he makes. What will your journey as Ash Ketchum entail? There’s only one way to discover!
- Follows the same events as in the Pokemon Anime series
- Catch all of the Pokémon Ash does
- Be rewarded for carrying Ash’s team
- New Tiles, Sprites and Maps
- New Tools to replace HMs-
- Hatchet replaces Cut
- Computer Teleport System replaces Fly
- Raft replaces Surf
- Pickaxe replaces Rock Smash
- Climb Kit is used instead of Rock Climb
- Whirlpuller is used to cross whirlpools
5. Pokemon Ultra Shiny Gold Sigma
- Creator: Alex Sanchez
- Version: v1.3.8b
A new, revolutionary take on Pokemon Gold, Silver, and Crystal. In addition to Johto and Kanto, the Orange-Alola Islands and Hoenn are also present.
- More than 807 Pokemon from Gen 1 to 7, with Alolan forms
- Improved graphics
- Mega Evolution in battle
- Trade evolutions removed
- New items like Shiny Charm, Joy Checker, Skill Capsule
- Miracle Exchange, a simulated wonder-trade system
- The Battle Frontier facilities are scattered throughout the game
- EVs and IVs on-screen
- All Gym Leaders offer rematches in Johto, Kanto, Orange Islands and Hoenn
- DNS system- Dawn, Day, Afternoon, Dusk, Night
- Remastered soundtrack
Also Read: Top 5 Pokemon GBA Rom Hacks with Gigantamax!