- Author: Caz, Ruby Red, and Posty
- Updated: 7/7/2020
- Made on: RPG Maker XP
- Version: 5.1
Pokemon Desolation: What is a dream? A series of thoughts? Images? Sensations? No… perhaps it’s something more?
Welcome to the Ayrith Region, a large land mass split into several islands. Ayrith is clouded in mystery, with strange, inexpiable events happening in every corner. However, somewhere deep down, there is something more to this mystery. Something unexpected, impossible even. You will uncover this secret, and go down in history.
What is your dream? Is it to be a hero?
The outcome of Desolation is strongly based on the choices you make. Choose wisely.
- An upgradable manor that acts as the player’s homestead and business throughout the game.
- A ‘Credit’ system used for rare items, Pokémon, and Manor upgrades. These credits are obtained by helping people and completing side quests.
- 7 Gyms in the current release.
- A set of new mega evolutions (currently 4) which appear throughout the game.
- Amazing music from a selection of composers.
- 8 Starter Pokémon.
- Guilds and sidequests – You can join a number of guilds that interest you and reward you as a trainer.
- Pokemon up to Gen 7 have been implemented.
Many RPGs require you to make decisions that affect how other characters feel about you, which can lead to scenarios in which characters act differently depending on how you have treated them in the past. I’ve added my own version of this, which I’ve dubbed the Reputation System. Throughout the game, you will be presented with numerous options, some of which will appear to be minor. All of these, however, will have an impact on your experience. Depending on how you treat a character, your relationship status with them can improve or deteriorate, resulting in them trusting you or despising you. This can and will result in multiple outcomes to a scenario, altering the course of your game. Your actions, as well as how you treat other characters, will have an impact.